I’m going to tell something that may (or may not) shock you – Chattanooga real estate agents are a dime a dozen. No, no, really. However (and this is a big “but”), great agents are few and far between. Does that mean the others are out to scam the unwary buyer and seller? Not at all.
So what’s the difference? One of the biggest differences is in what they know. A great agent knows what’s going on in their chosen city and throughout the neighborhoods. They do their homework and are seldom surprised by rising trends.
What kind of homework? I’m glad you asked!
1. Keeping an eye on local pricing. Chattanooga REALTORS have to pay attention to the prices in their area. Are they high? Are they low? Are they steady? They have to know so they have an idea of which houses are priced at “fair” market value and which are overpriced or underpriced.
2. Knowing what’s up-and-coming. REALTORS have to stay aware of new infrastructure possibilities. For instance, there may be plans for a new shopping center to be built. That shopping center will help the community grow, and could become an attractive addition for homebuyers in the area.
3. Who’s taxing and how much? In large metropolitan areas, you have two towns side by side with completely different tax bases. Town one may have rising property taxes, while town two has consistently low property taxes. Those towns with lower property taxes are generally in higher demand than others.
4. Watching the surrounding area. If a large area is overpriced, that general means the outskirts are going to become more in demand. As well, if there are any major train or bus routes getting ready to be installed, these places may become more desirable.
5. Which school ranks best? Schools moving up the A-list of a state mean desirable places for parents. Agents who keep their eye onschool rankings are agents who know a particular area’s target market!
In short, great Chattanoga real estate agents keep their fingers on the pulse of the city’s real estate market. This helps buyers looking for the perfect place, and sellers looking for the perfect buyer. Remember – your agent doesn’t have to know everything. They just have to know what’s important to your housing needs!
If you’re ready to work with a real estate agent who’s in the know on what’s happening in this area, give me a call today at 423-488-1882 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Keyword: Chattanooga real estate agents
1. Market value
2. Property taxes
3. School rankings
ABR,e-PRO, GREEN, RCC
1315 Taft Highway
Signal Mountain, Tn 37377