You know you want to look at Chattanooga homes in an active retirement community, but don’t know which community or what type. You want to choose an area where you’ll find other people who have the same interests you do. If you love golf, for example, you may want to look at Chattanooga homes in golf course communities.
Our area has many great golf courses, and several adult retirement communities located on golf courses. When you choose one to live in, you want to look for a few things:
- Location – When looking at Chattanooga homes in golf course communities, you always want to be aware of location. For instance, are the nearby roads easy to navigate? Is it close to shopping?
- Security – Be sure the community is security conscious. Often, golf course communities have the added security of a gated community.
- Amenities – Find out what amenities the golf course community has. Determine if they’re important to you and worth the extra cost. Is there an indoor golf course? Do you want tennis courts? How about restaurants? Swimming pool? Exercise facilities?
- Home location – When you find the right golf course community, you need to pay attention to the homes within the community. Think about factors like how close the home is to the entrance or to the fairways. Are you willing to risk a golf ball hitting a window once in a while? These are questions you need to ask yourself when choosing one of the Chattanooga homes in a golf retirement community.
- Rules – Another thing you should be aware of before making your purchase is the golf community’s homeowner association’s rules and regulations, often called CC&Rs, regarding home improvements, additions, etc. You should also look into golf course yearly fees and know what they’ll be.
Many people 55 and older are looking for their perfect home in popular golf communities. Living in one of these communities provides many perks such asgolfing as much as you want any day of the week. Do your research before purchasing and you won’t have any surprises down the road.
Whether you’re looking for a home in a golf community or some other active retirement community, I can help you find it and get the best price and terms. Call me today at 423-488-1882 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .