If you’re thinking of listing your Ooltewah home for sale and know it needs a little sprucing up, here are a few tips on the smartest home improvements you can make to help sell your home faster and for more money.
- Kitchen remodeling stands at the top of any list of most attractive projects for re-sale value. Crisp clean new cabinets, fresh tile and countertops all make for buyer approval and is money well spent.
- Bathroom remodeling is a good bet but not nearly as good as adding additional bathrooms, unless your home already has a lot of them.
- Adding central heat and air to replace floorboard or radiator heat is a huge selling point for any Ooltewah home for sale.
- Installing a deck or patio. This one hovers close to the middle of the do/don’t numbers but it is still a nice investment that can make your home feel more comfortable and give it more ’space.’
Items that are less likely to be worth the money include:
- Installing a backyard pool. Some people think a pool is attractive. To many buyers, it’s nothing but additional work and expense. Unless you live in a climate where the majority of people want a pool, steer clear of this investment.
- Converting your basement into a finished living space. Many buyers like a finished basement, but it’s the main living space that counts most to them. Your money would be better spent above ground.
It is important to fix up your home to get it ready for buyers. But with money tighter than we’ve seen it in a long time, you need to focus on those improvements that will give you a good return on your money.
If you’d like more tips on what works and what doesn’t when fixing up your Ooltewah home for sale, I can help. Call me today at 423-488-1882 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
KEYWORDS: Ooltewah home for sale
smartest home improvements: http://www.1to1house.com/fix-ups.html
Kitchen remodeling: http://www.hgtv.com/kitchens/index.html
Installing a deck: http://www.hgtv.com/topics/decks/index.html