12 Spirit of Achievement Luncheon, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1100 Carter St., 11:30 a.m., $75. ESPN radio personality and 1992 National Championship quarterback Jay Barker is featured speaker at fundraiser for Junior Achievement. 892-4488.
Original post from : http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/mar/10/good-causecalendar-n-upcoming-fundraisers/?entertainment
14 St. Patrick’s Purse, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6 p.m., $40. No tickets at door. Dinner, silent auction and entertainment to benefit Chattanooga Music Club’s upkeep of Memorial Auditorium’s Austin pipe organ. 899-9818.
* Hometown Heroes Luncheon, The Chattanoogan, 11:30 a.m., $55, table sponsorships start at $1,000, benefits Chattanooga chapter of American Red Cross. Local volunteers honored; Keith Alvey, director for Hurricane Sandy Relief in New York, is featured speaker. 265-3455.
15 UnBought and UnBossed Awards, The Chattanoogan, 7:30-9 a.m., $40. Girls Inc.’s annual breakfast honoring female role models. 624-4757.
* Studiopendous, Highland Plaza United Methodist Church, 4226 Norcross Road, 5:30-7:30 p.m., $10. Church preschool hosts children’s art gallery, live and silent auctions. 877-1544.
22 Cumberland Trail Benefit, Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St., 7:30 p.m., $20 or VIP $100. Cumberland Trail Suite Appalachian Music Festival features a dozen performers and ensembles, hosted by Tim O’Brien and Rhiannon Giddens of the Carolina Chocolate Drops. 642-TIXS.
24 Strides of March, Renaissance Park on Manufacturer’s Road, noon pre-walk activities, 2 p.m. walk, free registration, pledges taken by runners/walkers benefit Chattanooga CARES. 648-9912.
30 Dance Benefit, Allemande Hall, 7400 Standifer Gap Road, 7-10 p.m., admission by donation. Silent auction and square, round and line dancing to benefit St. Jude’s Children’s Research Center. 706-375-1088.
20 Amuseum, Creative Discovery Museum, 321 Chestnut St., 7 p.m., $85 and $125, annual party for adults to benefit children’s museum. Live and silent auctions, dancing to SoundForce, catered by Lee Towery. 648-6085.
* Wine and Shine, The Crash Pad, 7-11 p.m., $35 advance, $40 at door, sponsored by Downtown Sertoma Club to benefit Chattanooga Kids on the Block and Speech and Hearing Center. 757-5259.
21 Chocolate Fling, Southern Belle at Pier 2, 209 Riverfront Parkway, 2-4 p.m., $25 in advance, chocolate dessert sampling to benefit Epilepsy Foundation. 634-1772.
27 Pancake Breakfast, Applebee’s on Brainerd Road, 8-10 a.m., $7, benefits 100 Black Men’s Life Academy for Young Men and scholarship fund.
30 Women of Distinction Awards, Chattanooga Convention Center, 11:15 a.m., $65 until March 31, $70 after that, recognition of Tennessee Woman of the Year, 10 Chattanooga Women of Distinction and three Young Women of Distinction, benefits American Lung Association of Tennessee. For tickets: 629-1098.
2 Tails at Twilight, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6-9 p.m., $50 per person, benefits Tennessee Humane Animal League’s Pet Placement Center. http://www.thalppc.com.
4 Do the Derby, AT&T Field, 4:30-11 p.m., $45 individual, $80 couple, $130 VIP couple, $25 per person for ticket to enter after 8 p.m. Chattanooga Kids on the Block fundraiser includes afternoon and evening buffet and beverages, live and silent auctions, celebrity stick horse race, Kentucky Derby broadcast on Jumbotron. 757-5259.
* Tell Me Something Derby, Republic Parking lot at Bluewater Grille, 3:30-8 p.m., $25 individual, $45 couples in advance; $30 per person at the gate, benefits Chattanooga Room in the Inn. 624-6144.
* Poker Run, 8 a.m. registration, 9:30 a.m. first bike out from Hospice of Chattanooga office, 165 Hamm Road, ride through Sequatchie Valley and end at Hospice office, 4411 Oakwood Drive off Highway 58, $25 entry fee includes breakfast and lunch, T-shirt and one hand; $10 passenger; $5 additional hand; entry fee prior to April 26 is $20. Honor Ride benefits hospice care to veterans provided by Hospice of Chattanooga. 892-1278.
7-8 StyleWorks, Chattanooga Convention Center, preview party 5-8 p.m. Tuesday, luncheon and fashion show 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, $65 and up, benefits Siskin Children’s Institute. 648-1707.
10 Casino Royale: A Fish & Chips Event, Stratton Hall, 3146 Broad St., 6 p.m. VIP party, 7 p.m. event, $150 VIP ticket, $75 general admission. Casino games, food and drinks to benefit Childrne’s Advocacy Center of Hamilton County. www.cachc.org.
11 A Night to Remember, Chattanooga Convention Center, 1100 Carter St., 8 p.m., $75 and $100, performances by Kool & The Gang and Monica, benefits urban youth organizations. http://www.anighttoremember.org.