Workers process orders in the Chattanooga Amazon fulfillment center.
Photo by Doug Strickland.
New and expanding businesses announced during the past year will have added more than 5,000 jobs in the Chattanooga area.
The biggest job additions:
* Amazon distribution centers in Hamilton, Bradley, Rutherford and Wilson counties added 3,500 jobs, including 2,000 more seasonal jobs in
Chattanooga and Charleston.
* Volkswagen and its suppliers, including Team 3 Logistics, Gestamp, Chattanooga Seating Systems and Ceva Logistics, added nearly 1,500 jobs in Chattanooga during 2012.
* Access America Transport announced plans to add 550 more jobs in East Tennessee, including 450 in Chattanooga.
* Whirlpool’s $200 million plant in Cleveland added another 130 jobs.
* HomeServe USA expanded its telemarketing office in Chattanooga, adding 120 jobs.
* Honigsberg & Duvell opened an information technology office in Chattanooga with plans to hire 116 workers.
* GE Roper expanded production at its LaFayette, Ga., plant, adding more than 100 workers.
* Tennessee Galvanizing is investing $2.25 million to expand its metal galvanizing plant and adding 65 workers.
* Arch Plastics Packaging expansion of its plastic pharmaceutical bottle making plant, adding 50 jobs
Source: Company reports, Chattanooga Can Do announced business investments, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce.
See original article here: